What Can Be Fixed?
Paintless dent repair is very effective for the following situations:
- from very small to large dents;
- generally 1990 model year and newer vehicles;
- the paint has not been broken or cracked;
- the dent is not near the edge of a panel;
- the panel has not had previous body repair.
PDR is so effective for hail damage that some insurance companies use “hail teams” that “chase hail.” These teams travel to an area that was hit by hail to repair vehicle damage using PDR techniques.
Admittedly, not all damage to the body of a vehicle can be repaired with PDR techniques, but if a dent cannot be removed completely, often the repair will make the damage almost unnoticeable.
Advantages of Paintless Dent Repair
A number of advantages for paintless dent repair include:
- no repainting or body filler needed;
- less expensive than traditional body repair;
- same-day service in most cases;
- no risk of paint overspray on other vehicle areas;
- no risk of incorrect color matching;
- vehicle retains original paint.
We recommend Monte Joiner with Dent Science.